[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Apache authentication module

> There are two approaches:  write a correct module following the Apache API or
> hack the server code to open a pipe to a tacacs client.
>
> I am favoring the latter because the Apache API documentation isn't clear.
> In either case, it's not clear to me (after 20 minutes of looking) where
> the Apache Basic authentication begins in the source code (I have a good idea).
>
> Ideally, I would like to create a new authentication type:  AuthType tacacs .
>
> My question to the list is:  does anyone have experience writing modules
> (in particular, authentication modules) for the Apache HTTP server?

Writing apache modules is relatively simple.

You cannot create a new "authType"... That requires the browser be
modified...

If you are looking for a straightforward way of doing this, you can 1.
get my ExternalAuth module from the module registry, or 2. Make a copy of
one of the current auth modules, and modify it...

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                    Computer Center
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org